Lilypie Pregnancy tickers com Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Welcome Tessa Jamie Lin


We are so happy to announce the arrival of our second daughter, Tessa Jamie Lin, born Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 3:16 p.m. She weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces and measured 20 inches long.

She was 4 days overdue so we decided to induce her on the 8th. Here are a couple of pictures taken prior to going to the hospital that morning. I wanted these pictures to remember how big my belly was and also these were the last few moments before Attie is no longer my only little baby girl.



We arrived at Hoag Hospital around 11 am and the induction started around noon. Tessa's birth was so different from the Attie's. I was anticipating a long labor (I was in labor for about 22 hours with Attie) but this time, after the medication was administered, I dilated quickly and by around 2:30 p.m. the nurse decided I was almost ready to start pushing and called my doctor. The doctor arrived around 3:00 p.m. and after a few pushes, Tessa arrived at 3:16 p.m!! I am so grateful for such a smooth delivery.


Tessa just a few minutes old.


Sleeping on mommy.

I stayed at Hoag for 2 nights while Anselm went back and forth to take care of Attie at home. We were lucky to have my mom stay with Attie while I was in the hospital. After 2 days, we were ready to bring Tessa home. Here she is in her car seat ready to go home!

We have been home for about 5 days now, and my recovery has been pretty good. It has been such a wonderful and amazing few days getting to know our new baby girl. Although she sleeps for most of the day, she cries when she wants to eat, and has wakeful periods where she looks around and smiles, yawns and makes other funny faces. I can't wait for you all to meet her. We are welcoming visitors, so please come by and visit Tessa sometime!

3 comments:

Candace said...

Congratulations to the Lin Family. Tessa is just beautiful-can't wait to meet her. . Love the family photo. :) Joy- Glad the labor was quick and smooth!

Christine said...

congrats to you and your family! she is adorable and so tiny in that car seat pic! i can't wait to meet her and i am glad to hear you are doing so well.

Jeanbao said...

Congratulations! We were just saying that we should meet up when you first found out that you're pregger and now Tessa is already out! Shame on me! I'll definitely try to visit!