Lilypie Pregnancy tickers com Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 2, 2007

3-hour glucose tolerance test

I made an appointment on Halloween (Wednesday, 10/31) to take my 3 hour glucose tolerance test. I was instructed not to eat anything 10-12 hours before the test, which was at 8 a.m. i arrived late, around 8:30 and right away, they drew my blood. Afterwards, I had to drink a bottle of liquid that tasted like super sugary flat sunkist. Then, I had to sit around and wait while they drew my blood 4 more times!! The blood samples had to be taken exactly 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours and 3 hours after I initially finished the drink. Now I look like a druggie with all the bruises on my arms.
I'm glad the test is over, and the results are supposed to be available 24-48 hours later. It's Friday now and i'm still waiting. I guess no news is good news!

1 comment:

Christine said...

you heroin addict who is knocked up! =)