Lilypie Pregnancy tickers com Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

11 weeks old


Attie is now 11 weeks old and she is full of energy. Her daily schedule goes something like this - wakes up around 7:30 am, goes potty, and eats breakfast. Naps for a few hours, wakes up around 10:30, goes potty and eats again. Then, some play time in her crib looking at the mobile, swinging in her papasan, or listening to her daddy read her a story.

Throughout the day, she eats on demand, naps whenever she wants, and cries really loudly to let you know she's woken up. When she's awake she pretty much demands all your attention. It's a lot of work to play with her and entertain her. Around 10 pm she gets a bath (about 5 times a week), then a final feeding before hitting the sack for the night. She can usually sleep from about midnight to 7 am. Then, the whole routine starts over again... but of course everyday is different.

Lately - Attie is very talkative, always cooing and babbling back whenever you talk to her.
She also loves to watch a lot of TV but once we discovered this, we have banned her from watching it. We read that too much TV causes attention problems in children - see ARTICLE - (thanks Kevin!)

As for myself, I started school again last week - going to class twice a week in the evenings. While I'm in class, Attie's Grandma and Grandpa take care of her. It's the first time I've had to leave Attie involuntarily, and it's been hard. I'm used to seeing her 100% of the time. I guess it's a good transition for when I have to go back to work when I'll be gone all day. Here are some more recent pictures of her. She is sure growing up fast!

5 comments:

gina said...

what a cute hoodie! attie looks great in pink!

Unknown said...

She looks like me when I was a baby in that picture with the white hat!

hungryjoy said...

yea, she does! mom says she looks like you too :)

gina said...

she's beginning to talk as much as pearl too!

Christine said...

she is getting so cute! i can't wait to see her again. and yes, going back to school is good practice for when you go back to work.